Sunday, December 4, 2011

Latest Portrait: Sneak Peek



`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Here's a sneak peek of my latest painting:







This is before I added the paint. First I drew the portrait and background with pencil, and this picture was taken when I was going over it with pen. I used pen because I wanted the final painting to have a sketchy (like in a sketch book) quality. I am drawing this from the same 1932 picture of my great-grandma that I posted yesterday. I didn't use a graph because 1) It would take too long, since I had a week to complete this painting (very stressful), 2) After doing several portraits and measuring them carefully until they are "picture perfect," it's a kind of release to freehand this one, and 3) I like how the imperfections add to the sketchiness. 
I did a few preliminary drawings (don't I sound professional?) on a smaller scale to prepare for this one.

``````````````````````````````

No comments:

Post a Comment